Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Charm City


Up early again. Body is tired, but my mind is racing. So will spend some time counting blessings. Always helps. I think I'm on blessing #6. And since Baltimore is on my mind, that's what I'll write about, mainly because it's just a sign that this journey is bigger than me. I was born there. Decades later, God has led me back for life-saving treatment, so that I can heal and continue to live a wonderful life. I think that's by design. Riding into Baltimore for treatment reiterates how this whole journey is bigger than me, how there is a plan for each one of us. Despite its troubled schools and notorious crime, I've always had a fondness for "Charm City." Now, I greet this town as the place God has chosen for not only my birth, but for my healing. There's something to that. When I got my diagnosis, the doctor referred to my current oncologist in Baltimore, praising him as one of the best in the world for treating multiple myeloma/plasma cell leukemia. Not many cancer doctors have seen patients with myeloma because it's so rare. But up the road, just about 40 minutes from my house, I'm not so rare. And that's truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment