Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 5, 2010

I'm so grateful. I'm writing to give you an update on what I've been up to recently. The best way to start - really, the only way to start -  is by letting you know how grateful and blessed I am. The past couple of weeks have reminded me of just how important it is to have family and friends. June 5, 2010, in particular, was the best day I've had in a long time. My sister got married in Atlanta. And I was there with family and friends even though just three months ago, I wouldn't have imagined being able to go. That same day, a special group of friends camped out in Maryland to support me in my battle and to raise money for the American Cancer Society.  It was a special day in so many ways. This weekend wasn't so bad either. My husband and I took my son to a nearby beach and a neighbor's ice cream party and then today, we joined a church in the community. Soon, I'll be back in the hospital for a second transplant. But I can't believe how many wonderful experiences God has filled me up with before I go in. I'll be in a hospital bed, but I'll be able to replay fresh images of a wedding, the Chesapeake Bay and our new church home. I'm so thankful. It's not good to have cancer. But at least there's good coming out of it. I am just more thankful of things I used to take for granted. I don't think I could have ever felt this thankful before.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful Maya! I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and the Lord has you in his arm!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete