Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Bone Marrow Test Behind Me ... literally




That's me yesterday on the way to get another bone marrow test. I was smiling, trying to take a quick pic before I left the house for Baltimore. But really, I was so anxious. The last bone marrow biopsy didn't go so well. The doc stuck me three times because he couldn't get a good sample. I was curled up in a ball with my back to the doctor and my face to the wall. I just sucked it up, held still, and cried silently. But it was very painful. I'm happy to say that this time around it wasn't so bad. I almost cried afterward because I was so relieved. It was nothing like the first one. I felt some stinging, but it was pretty quick and manageable. And that's good news. Because I'm sure more are in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment