Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update

I'm still hanging in there. I'm getting stronger but I'm still always nauseas and tired. I'm blessed to be doing this well but I can't wait to feel even more normal. At least my appetite is back. I'm starting to eat more. I have good days where I get out of the house but I also have bad days and on those days, I'm sad and sick and I just want to sleep. It's wild to be starting over like this. The chemo they gave me in the hospital basically wiped out all of my cells. And then they transplanted stem cells into my body to help restart things. My whole body is starting over - my hair, my stomach and most important of all, my blood. And that's what I feel like - like I'm starting over and I'm waiting for my body to recover and remember how to work. So I know it'll take time before my energy level is where I want it to be. It's just hard for me to slow down and be patient - even when I'm sick and have no other choice and even when I have a mom who spoils me every minute of every day. I've never known until now how much of a blessing it is just to have energy - energy to keep up with your kids, energy to work, energy to take care of your family, energy to do whatever it is you want to do. I can't wait to have some energy of my own.

2 comments:

  1. (Isaiah 41:10) 10 Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

    ~ praying for your continued strength and energy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I really needed to read this right now.

    ReplyDelete